Tuesday, April 3, 2007

I'm afraid that if you look at a thing long enough, it loses all of its meaning.


I consider myself a self proclaimed Warholic, viewing, reading and watching whatever I can lay my eyes on of Andy’s.
I kind of find myself baffled when people ask me Andy, who? Andy, WHO? How do you explain one of the most influential artists to pop art? Once you enlighten the individuals about the Campbell’s soup cans, or the Marilyn Monroe portraits people usually recognize his works right away. But what about him, the artist? His obscure thoughts are documented in the philosophy of Andy Warhol, one of his autobiographies.
One of the most infectious aspects of Warhol to me was his brilliant quotes here are some of my favorites.


Don't pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches.

During the 1960s, I think, people forgot what emotions were supposed to be. And I don't think they've ever remembered.

I love Los Angeles. I love Hollywood. They're beautiful. Everybody's plastic, but I love plastic. I want to be plastic.

If you want to know all about Andy Warhol, just look at the surface of my paintings and films and me, and there I am. There's nothing behind it.





No comments: